3.31.2018

TEARS :: Dinah Washington - This Bitter Earth (Max Richter Mash-up)

Dinah Washington - This Bitter Earth (Max Richter Mash)
Dinah Washington - This Bitter Earth (Max Richter Mash)
Some songs just go perfect together - case in point ... Max Richter and Dinah Washington. This was my anthem in my darkest times last year - so beautiful and so haunting. I couldn't help but listen multiple times, usually in a drunken stupor and shed tears. This song has that power.

I've come out on the other side, but I lost my brother in December and playing this at his memorial just made everyone break down emotionally. Life is a journey, and it's not all roses ... if you can respect the sadness in the world, you can appreciate the good times. R.I.P. Daniel Paul Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment