3.08.2018

GOBBLE GOBBLE MFKR :: Thankskilling (movie review)

Thankskilling
Thankskilling
When the first thing on-screen is boobies you know this is going to be an interesting movie. I asked my best friend Nate for a movie that I should watch and review, he picked this - Thankskilling. So despite my pre-conceived notions, I watched it. I had to after all, for better or worse.

If you haven't figured it out by the title alone, this is a B-movie. The acting is bad, the jokes are horrible. There are lots of fart and shit jokes. Yet, somehow it's still entertaining.

A cursed killer turkey comes back after 500 years, just as 5 college kids are back at home for Thanksgiving break. He starts by killing a dog, then killing the parents of the main guy, then another secondary guy and girl after he has sex with her - while saying "You just got stuffed!". He then kills the other girl's dad, who is the sheriff and takes his face so that the group thinks he is the sheriff. They find a book on how to kill the turkey, but part of it is in code. I know, there's a lot that doesn't make sense. I won't say any more, as I don't want to spoil it.

Here are some good points. At 1 hour and 6 minutes, the movie is relatively short. The turkey has mannerisms similar to Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, though not as funny. The turkey will randomly produce a shotgun, which is really a rifle - ridiculous! This movie never pretends it isn't something it's not, which is kind of endearing.

Thankskilling was directed on Jordan Downey on a budget of $3,500 - money well spent. Luckily for us, there are sequels!

No comments:

Post a Comment