10.05.2012

No Boats' Top Five on Friday



In no particular order, from no particular time period ... these are the tracks that frequent my playlist again and again

Public Enemy - Harder Than You Think (Featurecast Remix)

The Featurecast remix throws just a little bit faster and harder edge on the original track. This song is the feel good song of my life right now.

Major Lazer - Get Free feat Amber Coffman(of Dirty Projectors)

This one takes me back to Jamaica everytime I hear it .... big ups Major Lazer. Seriously, lately when I've been working the 12 hour long nightshift ... this tune and thoughts of my girlfriend keep me going.

Monitor 66 - Triscuits

What can I say? This one takes me back to roller skating, first loves and smooth jams ... this song's got me twisted!

Yasiin Bey (aka Mos Def) - Niggas in Poorest

This song makes me wanna start a revolution ... best thing from the one they used to call Mos Def since Black on Both Sides. Yasiin is real ... he is the real deal. His spirituality coincides with Islam and I have no problem with that. At least he is seeking a higher plane.

The tune is a take on Kanye and Jay-Z's "Niggas in Paris" from last years Watch The Throne whose materialism and bling bling trapism make it a complete dichotomy to Yasiin's version (I wonder what they think of the remake?). This is the first track of Yasiin Bey's Top 40 Underground Project which takes popular top 40 hip hop and refixes it underground styleeee ... enjoy!

Richard Davis - Self Destruct (Mario & Vidis Redo)

So smooth ... so true. Every love has a chance to self destruct ... the fire burning too bright and all that shit. The sounds here are so classic and yet fresh that I can't get enough. Holla if ya hear me ... Holla if ya feel me.

Happy friday and have a fuckin great weekend,
Noble aka No Boats

No comments:

Post a Comment