10.12.2012

No Boats' Top Five on Friday

In no particular order ... here are my top 5 songs this week -

Skrillex feat. Damien Marley - Make It Bun Dem (Bro Safari & UFO! Remix)

Bro Safari and UFO! really know how to properly trapetize (I just invented a new word) a new song. If you know the original then check this out - lot's of old school samples from "The Funky Worm" by Ohio Players and ragga stuff.

TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB - UNDERCOVER MARTYN (SOFTWAR REMIX)

Indie vibe ... electronic overteurs - this one gets me pumped. Plus I'm a little partial to car seats due to my current job.

RiFF RAFF X MAJOR LAZER X DAVOODi - ORiGiNAL DON REMiX

There are a ton of Original Don remixes out but none sound quite so hype as this one rapped over by Houston based pimp and "original Don" Riff Raff.

Matthew Dear - Deserter (Four Tet Remix)

Two great artists in one here - Matthew Dear and Four Tet. Matthew Dear lays down the vibe and Four Tet funks up the drum beat.

DJ MEHDI - Saharian break (CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES Rmx)

R.I.P. DJ Mehdi ... your songs will always be classic tunes and this Chewy Chocolate Cookies Remix is oh so delicious!

No Boats

No comments:

Post a Comment