9.12.2013

20 Years of Ravin'

20 Years of Ravin' Barrel dEM
20 Years of Ravin'

When I was young, I listened to a lot of electronic based music - New Order, Depeche Mode, etc. But it wasn't until the early 90's and in particular 1993 that I got into DJ led dance and rave music. You see, I was stationed in Germany in the military at the time and the rave clubs and parties over there were burgeoning. I got an earful of that repetitive, driving sound and the vibe from all the other participants and I couldn't stop. I wanted to share a few of the anthems that I still listen to after all these years - the ones that were formative in my music education, whether they be techno, house, trance, breakbeat, drum 'n bass, dubstep, trap or downtempo, from that time until the present day.































































And back to where it began-


No Boats

No comments:

Post a Comment