1.31.2012

Mango Dollies: spoken word mash ups

I've been remembering the 24 hrs I spent in Singapore in 2010 lately. This day was marked by a tonne of amazing art but for Barrel~dEM readers I want to highlight the Mango Dollies, a spoken word and music duo based in Singapore that work with original poetry as well as Bukowski, Townes Van Zandt and Gillian Welsh tunes among other inspirations. Their stuff was pure magic to me on Jan 14 2010 in the Concourse of the Singapore Art Centre. Check it.

"The Matter" / "Back in Time" - Mango Dollies from Alvin Pang on Vimeo.


Original poem and Gillian Welsh's "Make Me Down a Pallet on Your Floor"


"for old flames" / "heart lets out a little cry" - Mango Dollies from Alvin Pang on Vimeo.


Original poem and

Charles Bukowski's "Nobody But You" and Townes Van Zandt's "Gypsy Friday"


Carol Ann Duffy's "If I Was Dead" and Gillian Welch's "I'm Bot Afraid to Die"


Letter to my 16 yr old self / Forever Young - Mango Dollies from Alvin Pang on Vimeo.


seriousstuff

1 comment: