2.23.2018

ROOTS REMIXED :: Baba Maal - Gilli Men (Auntie Flo remix)

Baba Maal - Gilli Men (Auntie Flo remix)
Baba Maal - Gilli Men (Auntie Flo remix)
Do you remember the first time you heard a song? It doesn't happen with every song, just the special ones. Same with this song, we were hanging out on my smoking porch after hours, It was me, Eric Purdue aka White Buffalo Shamen, one of Atlanta's greatest deejays, and another. The third guy, who I can't remember anymore played this song, but the video was a breakdance competition. It stuck with me. Afterward, I searched Youtube for DJ competition African remixes and couldn't find anything. Apparently, Youtube had taken down that video. I messaged Eric eventually to ask the name of the song and of course he knew right away,

Eric Purdue aka White Buffalo Shamen still spins monthly underneath Starbar in little 5 points neighborhood of Atlanta, it's called Little Vinyl Lounge. Eric has the best taste in music, so I highly recommend it, if you are in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment