10.23.2011

Orbital; and introducing Ansible-Futurist


Greetings!

This marks ansible-futurist's first post on the Barrel-dEM blog, home to my very close friend & DJ-sensei/jedi-master No Boats! I, ansible, am from Chicago, am a 21 year old college student studying abroad in Denmark this semester, and grew up listening to almost exclusively techno and house music thanks to an incredible cousin with incredible musical taste! My cousin gave me my first two CDs to use with my first cd-player way back in the day (when i was 9 or 10 i think), and they were mixtapes of the UK-based techno duo Orbital. Comprised of brothers Paul and Phil Hartnoll, I am still to this day left in awe at the epic journeys Orbital's tracks take from start to finish. As they are my most long-time favorite group/artist and possibly the most influential as far as my personal music production goes, my admiration and respect for them knows practically no bounds! I figure that paying them a tribute would serve as a fitting first post!


Here are a few choice nugs:


The girl with the sun in her head:


Belfast:



Halcyon (Tom Middleton Re-model) - Orbital:



Until next time, peace!

- ansible-futurist

No comments:

Post a Comment